Idaho Enhanced Concealed Weapons License
This one day course taught by SRFI fulfills the State's requirement when applying for the Enhance CWL.
As a commitment to our students, SRFI exceeds the minimum requirements by including tactical handgun self protection concepts such as:
- how to recognize and fix handgun malfunctions
- properly performing emergency and tactical reloads
- learn the techniques for shooting controlled pairs to assailants center-of-mass
- shoot safetly from cover
- correct method for drawing from a stong side holster
- develop a self protection mindset
- what to say and do when the police show up
Our classroom PowerPoint presentation is 6 hours in duration and an additional 2 hour shooting range time has the student participate in several firearm exercises from varying distances.
To fully participate in the drills, SRFI recommends the student bring:
- minimum 9mm semi-auto or .38 caliber revolver; however any caliber is acceptable
- plastic (Kydex) or leather holster
- at least 2magazines (semi-auto) or 2 speed loaders (revolver), the more the better
- wear a 1 1/4 inch wide sturdy belt that fits through pant belt loops
- firearm made by a reliable manufacturer such as: Colt, Glock, Ruger, Smith and Wesson, Springfield, Kimber, etc.
- hear muffs (electronic type recommended) and eye protection
- 200 rounds of factory ammunition
Students will receive a 55 page course manual along with a course completion certificate and a CWL application form.